There is no doubt that kids want to have lots of fun and thrill, move around in the neighborhood along with friends; that’s the reason why so many parents are choosing electric scooters for their kids. These electric scooters come in a stylish design that is very appealing for young children. Through this article, we are going to list out some of the best electric scooter for kids in 2020.
You Might Also Like: Best Scooter for Kids of 2020
6 Best Electric Scooter for Kids – Reviews
1. Best Basic and Affordable Option: Razor E100 Glow Electric Scooter for Kids
When it comes to buying an electric scooter that is not only stylish but also very safe for your child, then you should consider buying this Razor Glow electric scooter. One of the best electric kids’ scooters, it features attractive blue LED’s and the overall steel framework adds to the immense durability of the product.
- Features a Rechargeable 24V sealed-lead-acid battery system
- Powered by a 100 watt motor
- Features a hand-operated brake
- Air filled tires will ensure a smooth ride for your child
- Easy to assemble
- Whenever your child will twist the throttle, fascinating blue LED’s light up
- According to customers, it can take up to 12 hours to get fully charged
Why We Like It
For all toddlers, this electric scooter is the perfect choice, though the scooter provides a great speed but at the same time, safety of your child is ensured as it is not scary fast.
2. Best Kids Electric Scooter for Girls: Gotrax GKS Electric Scooter for Kids
This is one of the best-motorized scooters for kids, with a powerful 150-watt motor, and it also has an environmentally-friendly battery. Gotrax has a child-friendly design that makes it the favorite scooter for kids. It has a simple yet beautiful design, and available in the favorite colors of both boys and girls.
- Features Sensitive Gravity Sensor system
- 25.2V high capacity battery
- Safe start technology so that your child’s safety is ensured when he starts off riding.
- Can be easily assembled
- Perfect blend of safety and comfort
- Comes in exciting 4 colors
- Safety certified product
- Comfortable ride filled with thrill
- Absence of power uphills
Why We Like It
Your child can really enjoy to the fullest as this electric scooter can have a maximum speed of 7.5 mph, the speed is kept moderate for your child’s safety.
3. Most Portable Electric Scooter for Kids: Segway Ninebot eKickScooter ZING E8 and E10
If you are looking for the best electric scooter for teenage girls or boys, Segway Ninebot is an amazing choice. It offers a maximum of 10 mph Max Speed, along with it features a highly durable Aerospace Grade Aluminum Alloy Body. This electric scooter is light in weight and foldable.
- Comes with an Integrated battery design
- Features not only electric brake, but also mechanical brake
- Has an hill grade of 7%
- Thumb-Throttle for controlling the speed of the ride
- Offers 3 riding modes- sports, cruise, and safety
- Can be easily stored and has a portable design
- Slim design
- Comes with anti-skid tubeless tires.
- Does not have a kickstand
Why We Like It
To ensure a high level of comfortability while riding, this scooter comes with the Spring Shock Absorption System. It also offers a great battery life, it is foldable as well light in weight.
4. Most Stylish Kids Scooter: Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style Electric Scooter
Razor Pocket Mod Miniature can hit a maximum speed up to 15 mph. No doubt the scooter is an excellent combination of classic style and great performance. You can choose one out of 3 attractive colors. Overall, this electric scooter can act as a fascinating source of endless entertainment for kiddos out there.
- Chain-driven motor with high torque
- Adjustable handlebar
- Supports maximum rider weight of 170 lbs
- Comes with a secret storage compartment
- Retro style scooter
- You can personalise the overall looks of the scooter
- Padded seat for extra comfort while riding
- Assembling process was little difficult
Why We Like It
This scooter is an awesome electric version of the vintage scooters and it offers 12″ spoked wheels with pneumatic tires. For all the beginners, this scooter is the best option as it provides great stability while riding.
5. Most Energy Saving Scooter for Kids: Razor Power Core E90 Electric Scooter
Razor Power Core provides a maximum speed of 10 mph, and this scooter is best for children of 8 years and above. With a battery life of up to 80 minutes, it comes with a push-button throttle, and this scooter is made up of steel. It also has a powerful 90 watt, high torque motor.
- Rechargeable 12V sealed lead-acid
- Can accelerate upto a speed of 10 mph
- It has 75% more battery life as compared to other scooters
- Strong framework made up of alloy steel
- Less maintenance required
- Lightweight design
- Easy to put together
- Long lasting battery
- The best christmas gift at an affordable price
- Non-variable speed control
Why We Like It
Not only the scooter has a powerful motor, but also it has an amazing kick-start function, which helps ensure the complete safety of your child.No doubt, the scooter will never fail to impress you with its awesome ride time.
6. Best Kids Scooter to Grow With: Razor E300 Electric Scooter
Want your child to enjoy a thrilling ride, then consider buying this amazing scooter. It features a highly sturdy construction made out of durable steel. Also, has a wheel size of 10 inches and a Rechargeable 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid battery system.
- This scooter offers a maximum speed of 15 mph
- Offers a range up to 10 miles
- Supports a weight up to 220 lbs
- Comes with air tires
- Offers a smooth, comfortable ride
- More than sufficient battery life
- 250-watt, high-torque,chain-driven motor
- Amazingly fast
- It is slightly heavier for some riders,
Why We Like It
This scooter will offer you the most exciting ride ever, and it is made up of an all-steel frame. In addition to this, the scooter is well-suited for older riders. It offers a continuous usage of 40 minutes.
Crucial Components on an Electric Scooter
A kid’s electric scooter’s main components include a handle control module, braking system, standing deck, handlebars, tires, battery, and a chain-driven motor.
The electric scooter motor varies from one model to another. Ideally, it’s between 250 to 550W. If you have a younger kid, then buy a lower powered battery scooter. The chain-driven motor is the same as that of a bike, except used with an electric motor. The motor powers to chain to propel in the forward direction. Some scooters also have the belt drive; however, it is not as reliable since the belt is prone to regular wear and tear.
The battery is one of the key components of an electric scooter. Most modern electric scooters have lithium-ion batteries. These batteries are more durable and last longer. Modest pf the electric scooters comes with 12 V battery, also there are models with rechargeable 36V battery.
The deck and the handlebars are way sturdier than a traditional scooter, which is something you must take into account when buying an electric scooter.
Ensure you know these components before getting out in the market purchasing an eclectic scooter for your kid.
What to Look for When Purchasing Electric Scooter for Kids
Here are the key things to consider when buying kids electric scooter:-
Wheel Size: We highly recommend the wheel size should be greater than 8 inches in diameter. Smaller wheel size would mean a rough ride, and more susceptible to easily get stuck in potholes.
Solid or Air: Filled Tyres: The air-filled tires ensure a better ride. It is advised to use puncture protection fluid, as even the minutest puncture is not easy to mend on your own.
Speed: When buying an electric scooter, don’t cause maximum speed, as 15mph is the safe speed for your kid.
Warranty: will the company be responsible for a malfunction or problem within a specific time period? Go with a trusted brand in the market to achieve complete peace.
Size: When it comes to size, think the electric scooter is of the right size when your kid is riding it. Is it compact enough to store in the closet conveniently when folded down? This will help you decide on the right size.
Noise: Some electric kids’ scooters run by the motor makers have a lot of irritating noise, so take this factor into account when giving your kid an electric scooter.
Your kid’s safety must be your first priority, and here are a couple of measures parents should take to ensure that:-
- First things first, your child must be wearing all the important protective gear like helmet, elbow, and knee pads.
- Educate your kid on how to maintain the right speed.
- If possible, be around your kid when they are riding the scooter.
- Take away all the distractions from your kid’s hands when they are riding the scooter.
- Don’t let them get on highways or heavy traffic lanes.
Here are common queries of most parents buying an electric scooter:-
Q1: What Safety Equipment Do Your Kid Need?
Always be sure your kid is wearing protective wear such as a helmet, gloves, elbow guard, and more before going on an e-scooter ride.
Q2: Do You Need a License for an Electric Scooter?
No, there is no requirement of getting a license; your kid can ride on the pathways or sideways, but not on the road.
Q3: Are 3 Wheels Better Than 2 Wheels?
It depends upon the needs; a two-wheel scooter is best-suited for outdoor use. At the same time, a three-wheel electric scooter is an apt choice for small kids riding inside the house.
Q4: Do I Need Insurance for an Electric Scooter?
It depends on the low state laws; ideally, there is no requirement for insurance.
Q5: My Kid Has No Experience of Driving a Scooter Before, How He Can Learn?
The electric scooters are easy to catch on to; your kid can easily learn how to ride.
So, with Christmas and New Year celebrations in the air, an electric scooter could be a perfect gift for your kid. Before buying one, you must go through our recommendations, read the pros and cons, then finalized based on your budget and expectations. But, what if you don’t like any of our recommendations? Then read our quick guide on things to consider when buying a kid’s electric scooter. Don’t forget to keep in mind our parent safety tips for your first electric scooter ride, and finally more down the FAQs to make a value for money investment. Do you wish to add something, do share with us in the comment section below; we would love to hear from you!