Your baby’s comfort will give you all the peace of mind you need. Babies respond by crying for any possible negative issue they face. It could be wetness, hunger, sleep, or gas. Well, gas is air in the stomach that cause pressure or stomach pain. Even though some babies are not bothered by such gas, many tend to be restless until it is released. Home remedies are available from performing “bicycle rides”, “tiger on a tree” or a gentle massage. But did you know there are best bottles for gas and reflux that can help ease your baby from gas issues? Find them here.
>>> Don’t Miss:
- 15 Best Kids Water Bottles of 2022
- 6 Best Formula for Spit Up And Gas of 2022
- 10 Best Thermos for Hot Food of 2022
Best Baby Bottles for Gas Comparison Chart
|MAM Easy Start||Vented bottle base||Anti-sleep||Self-sterilizing design||Slow-flow nipple|
|Philips Avent Anti-Colic||Breast-like shape for softness and secure latch||A nipple with a ribbed texture prevents nipple collapse||Wide neck for easy cleaning||Anti-colic airflex valve|
|Dr. Brown’s natural anti-colic||The special patented vent system||Anti-sleep nature||Comes with cleaning brushes||The vent system mimics breastfeeding|
|Comotomo Anti-Colic||Non-leaking vent||Soft and squeezy for a skin-like feel||Safe in boiling water, microwave, and dishwashers||Designed to latch; with a naturally shaped nipple|
|Evenflo Feeding Glass Premium Proflo Vented||Vented bottle||A firm nipple prevents collapsing||Cleaning and reassembling is easy as it comes in only 3 parts||Proflo venting technology that clears gas while feeding|
|NUK Smooth Flow Anti Colic||A unique nipple that adjusts milk flow||It’s a bit slippery and doesn’t give the baby a good grip||It has a wide neck that makes cleaning easy||It has a flexible nipple with several holes, and different nipple flows|
|Playtex Baby Ventaire||The nipple is designed to feel like the mom||The ergonomic and angle design is good for upright feeding||It’s designed with fewer parts for easy cleaning and reassembly||Patented anti-colic bottom reduces air ingestion|
|PopYum 5 oz Anti-Colic||Includes number 1 slow flow nipples and a funnel for easy control of formula load||You only require one hand to easily press to pop and shake for feeding||It has a wide design, requiring no bottle brush but just a sponge to clean. It’s also dishwasher safe||The water and milk are isolated in the bottom of the bottle. And these can’t leak until you press the PopYum button to release the agitator|
|Nanobebe Breastmilk||It’s an all-in-one bottle, including a breast pump adapter||The baby feels like he’s holding mommy’s breast and encourages a smooth transition from breast to bottle||It’s easy to wash and also cools 2x faster to reduce bacterial growth.||The 360 degrees double vented system helps in slow flow and prevents colic and gas|
|Munchkin Latch BPA-Free||It has an ant-colic valve at the bottom of the bottle that allows for flow and eliminates air bubbles||The baby maintains his latch as he flexes the accordion-style nipple||Safer use a dishwasher to clean it as it’s wide||This bottle mimics the mom’s breast by releasing more milk as the baby pushes against the nipple’s base|
|Tommee Tippee Advanced Anti-Colic Newborn||It’s made with an anti-colic valve in the nipple and a venting tube that has a heat-sensing strip||It has a breast-like shape for a natural latch that flexes like a mom for a comfortable feed||The wide-body shape makes cleaning easier||It comes with a low-flow nipple|
|Medela, Breast Milk Storage Bottles||It is compatible with all Medela breast pumps||The bottle has a wide-based medium-flow nipple, solid lids, and caps||Dishwasher and microwave safe||Medium-flow nipples|
Baby Bottles for Gas Reviews of 2022
Check out these 15 bottles for gassy babies to help you decide on the well-being of your baby.
1. Best Bottles For Gassy Babies: MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic Bottle
The first best bottle for a gassy baby on our list is MAM Easy Start Anti-Colic. With this bottle that helps with gas, your baby won’t notice the difference between it and your nipple. The elongated nipple shape feels just like mom’s breast nipple. More so, it is composed of an innovative vented base that controls the flow of fluid, reducing colic in your baby. You only need to self-sterilize it for three minutes in the microwave to kill any viable bacteria.
- Comfortably switch between the bottle and your breast
- Self-sterilize it in the microwave, no separate microwave steamer
- Has air vents at the bottom of the bottle that easily relieves pressure
- It has more parts to wash because of the additional vents on the bottom
2. Best Bottles For Colic And Gas: Philips Avent Anti-Colic Baby Bottles Clear
Meet this avent colic bottle from Philips. It is clinically proven to ease the colic and any discomfort that your baby may experience during and after bottle suckling. It comprises an “Airflex venting” system that reduces any air inhalation during feeding. Take note of the nipple design; the shape helps in securing the latch and prevents the nipple from collapsing during feeding.
- Clear markings on the bottle for accurate measurement
- Easy to clean
- Clinically tested
- Firm nipple
- Some users experience leakiness during feeding
3. Best Bottles to Prevent Gas: Dr. Brown’s Options+ Anti-Colic Wide-Neck Bottle
It’s the internal venting system that takes center stage in these best anti-colic bottles for feeding. You find the vent in the nipple collar, which successfully clears the air through the vent and out above the milk. This prevents the oxidation of nutrients as well as reduces air bubbles in your baby’s milk. This no-air baby bottle also mimics natural breastfeeding that lets the baby feed at their pace instead of that dictated by the nipple.
- An internal venting system eliminates vacuum in the bottle
- Prevents oxidation and preserves nutrients in milk
- Dishwasher safe
- The wide neck version is a turn-off for many people
4. Best Bottle For Gas: Comotomo Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
This best baby bottle for gas is safe for your baby as it equates to natural breastfeeding. There is no worry when transitioning your baby from breastfeeding to bottle-feeding. Comotomo nipples are made of silicone which is naturally shaped and soft. It is comfortable to hold the bottle as the baby feels its softness that’s comparable to mommy’s breast. This bottle’s wide-neck design is a plus when it comes to cleaning. You won’t need a brush!
- It has unique inter-locking features that promote no drip
- A wide-neck design for easy and brushless cleaning
- Compatible handles are available for the baby’s self-feeding
- Slow flow
- It is difficult to see the bottle markers’ volume
5. Best Bottles For Colic: Evenflo Feeding Glass Premium Proflo Vented Plus Bottles
These are not only the best bottles for gas but also environmentally friendly bottles. The Proflo venting technology puts gas worries to rest. Besides, your baby has an easy time holding the bottle as they are ergonomically designed for a firm grip.
- Washing and reassembling the bottle is easy
- They are easy to hold
- A firm nipple that prevents collapsing
- The lowest-flow nipple has two holes that could be fast for small babies
6. Best Bottles For Gas And Reflux: NUK Smooth Flow Anti Colic Baby Bottle
These no-air baby bottles are among the best bottles for reflux that suit babies as young as weeks old. Its nipple is designed to help the baby control the flow rate of suction. It also encompasses a wide neck that makes cleaning easy.
- The nipple mimics the mom’s nursing nipple shape during breastfeeding
- The baby can control the milk flow speed for colic-free feeding
- Flexible nipple with multiple holes
- It doesn’t have a good grip.
- The nipple doesn’t fit well into the cover caps.
7. Best Anti-Colic Bottles: Playtex Baby Ventaire Anti Colic Baby Bottle
You find Playtex Baby Ventaire among the best baby bottles for gas and colic. The nipple is designed to make the baby feel like he is suckling from mom. These bottles that help with gas promote healthy feeding and proper latching. Likewise, it harbors doctor-recommended features like the angle design for upright feeding and bottom vent for air-free feeding.
- Easy to clean and reassemble as it’s designed with fewer parts
- A soft and skin-like nipple that’s comfortable to hold
- Regulated flow for babies
- The screw-top may leak if not correctly attached
8. Best Anti Gas Bottles: PopYum 5 oz Anti-Colic Baby Bottle
What makes this best colic bottle stands out is that it lets you multitask as it’s designed to be used with one hand. With this, you can comfort the baby while holding the bottle with the other hand. This bottle is also designed to store water and formula separately. The material is superb as it’s made only of medical-grade silicone and polypropylene, making it BPA, PVC, latex, and lead-free.
- No leaks from either the formula or water even if the bottle shakes
- More lightweight and easier to carry
- It has a wide design that eliminates the need for a brush while cleaning
- It is free from harmful materials like BPA, latex, PVC, and nitrosamines, among others.
- It takes a longer period to dry as it has several places that water droplets may hide.
9. Best Bottles To Reduce Gas: Nanobebe Breastmilk Baby Bottle
Nanobebe is another best bottle for the newborn with gas. Your baby won’t experience any difficulty in transitioning from breast to bottle and back. It comes with a familiar breast shape and it also cools formula two times faster to help reduce bacterial growth. Furthermore, enjoy the added benefit of a breast pump adaptor that lets you directly pump milk into the bottle and seal it for later usage. This bottle suits a newborn with its slow flow of 360 degrees, thanks to the double-vented system.
- The double-vented system prevents colic and baby gas
- No nipple confusion as it has a familiar shape
- The 360-degree nipple with airflow holes makes gas release fast
- You must position the baby in a nursing angle, which may be difficult for most people
- It’s a bit bulky and cumbersome
10. Best Bottles For Gassy Newborns: Munchkin Latch BPA-Free Bottle
Weighing only 1.40 pounds with a capacity of 4 Ounces, this colic-free bottle is a solution for most breastfeeding babies. It has a slow-flow nipple that helps to match the mother’s flow and the bottle flow for newborns. And when the baby grows older, you can upgrade to stages 2 and 3 and increase the flow valve. It also harbors an ant-colic valve that helps the baby to maintain latch and decrease air ingestion.
- It has a removable ergonomic handle on the trainer cup
- Very flexible nipple
- The slow-flow nipple matches the mother’s flow and the bottle’s flow
- The nipple may be too slow for fast-feeding babies
11. Best Baby Bottles For Colic: Tommee Tippee Advanced Anti-Colic Newborn Baby Bottle
Tommee Tippee baby bottles are made of a unique venting system that helps to draw air from milk, resulting in less gas. The venting tube encompasses a heat-sensing strip that ensures the milk is at the right temperature. The strip changes color if the milk is too hot. Your baby will also latch on easily to Tommee’s breast-like shaped nipple.
- The silicone nipple feels closer to the skin and flexes to mimic mom’s breast
- The heat sensing strip in the venting tube changes color if milk is too hot
- The advanced anti-colic bottle helps to stop air from mixing with the milk
- It’s not dishwasher safe
12. Best Baby Bottles For Colic: Medela Breast Milk Storage Bottles
Medela bottles are compatible with Medela breast pumps, making it easy to store and feed your baby with one container. The lid screws properly, preventing any leaks and making transportation easy and safe. Medela anti-gas bottles also include wide-based medium-flow nipples that mimic mom. The material is also safe, made without BPA to help retain breast milk’s nutrients.
- It’s easy to read volume marks
- Dishwasher safe
- Made with safe plastic that retains milk’s beneficial contents
- The nipple is not tightly placed and often pops out
Why An Anti Gas Bottle Matters
Babies get discomfort when air gets into their digestive system during feeding.
- An anti-gas bottle matters as it’s designed to reduce the amount of air that gets into the baby’s stomach during feeding.
- The angle-shaped design helps to put the baby in an upright position while feeding.
- It minimizes gas bubbles in your baby’s stomach while slowing down milk or water intake.
- It also encompasses a valve system that prevents the feeding bottle from turning into an air vacuum.
What to Look for in Best Baby Bottles for Gas
Best bottles to prevent gas ought to meet certain criteria.
Compatible with breast pumps: You need to think beyond feeding. Bottles that are compatible with breast pumps will give you an upper hand when it comes to compressing and storing breast milk for your baby while you are away.
Easy to disassemble and clean: Hygiene is paramount when it comes to dealing with baby bottles. Opt for one that is easy to separate the parts and clean.
Safe materials: Opt for bottles that are made from non-BPA materials.
Leak-free: Leaking is a major factor to consider when settling for a baby bottle. You need one that you can easily carry along.
Able to swap parts: Get bottles that you can easily swap or replace broken parts such as the training handles.
How to Prevent and Ease Baby Gas: 6 top tips
Apart from slow feeding bottles, you can also put some routines in place to prevent baby gas.
- It’s all in your diet
As a nursing mom, you ought to check your diet and avoid fatty foods as well as gassy foods like beans.
- Swap bottles
Some bottles are designed to ease gas during feeding. You can try out the numerous in the market like angled, vented, etc.
- The formula should settle
It is better to shake and let the formula blend and dissolve effectively before feeding.
- Burp after every feed
Burping helps to ease any gas that may have passed along during feeding.
- Check feeding position
Ensure you keep your baby’s head upright when feeding.
- Change feeding equipment
Be keen when feeding your baby. Change to a slower-flow nipple when you realize bloating issues.
Quick Steps To Relief a Gassy Baby’s Pain
You can have a routine to ease your baby’s gas besides the best baby bottles for gas.
- Perform baby bicycles exercise to help manually release gas. Just lay your baby on the back and cycle their legs in a bicycle-ride motion.
- Massage your baby, especially after every bath. The soothing power will help to relieve gas quickly.
- Use baby drops probably four times a day and see whether it works. If not, then visit your doctor for more insights.
- Feed the baby in small portions but frequently. Avoid them melting down with hunger before feeds as this will lead to them eating hurriedly, and consuming some gas in the process.
Gassy Baby: Fact vs Fiction
Your baby may experience gas due to various reasons:
- Swallowed air while feeding is the major cause of a gassy baby. The fact is that swallowing air is unavoidable during crying, breastfeeding, and bottle feeding, among others.
- The mother’s diet is also a contributing factor to a gassy baby. Foodstuffs like beans are gas-packed, and will eventually affect the baby.
- The incomplete breakdown of milk can also result in excessive gas and diarrhea in infants.
However, some people link a gassy baby to the myth that taking a baby outside on a windy day causes him/her to swallow air. Others also think that traveling with your car windows rolled down brings gas to the baby. These are not true and are just fiction.
How to Prepare for Pediatrician Appointment
Much older babies may be anxious during a pediatrician visit. It is good to prepare before such visits:
- Talk to your child in time that you’ll be visiting the doctor together like in a day or so.
- You can go overboard and bring along your baby’s toy that he loves just for comfort.
- Organize the requirements in advances such as reports and appointment cards.
- Write down the questions you need clarity about in advance.
FAQs about Best Bottles for Gas
1. Do bottles help with gas?
Yes. There are best baby bottles for gas that help relieve colic and gas in babies.
2. How does a vent in a baby bottle help with gas?
The vent is a one-way valve that allows constant air to enter the baby’s bottle while the milk is removed as the baby sucks the bottle nipple. This prevents gas from building up in the baby’s stomach.
3. Does warming a bottle help to reduce gas in a baby?
No. Warming a bottle of formula makes it more like breast milk but it doesn’t relieve gas.
4. Will switching bottles help with gas?
Yes. It will help ease gas because some bottles and made for babies who have gas. So, it’s better to try out the right bottle.
Look no further than these best baby bottles for gas. Baby feeding is an important part of a baby’s routine. Try to make it as comfortable as you can with bottles and nipples that mimic mom’s breast like Munchkin Latch BPA-Free and Philips Avent Anti-Colic, among others. Likewise, settle for bottles that are easy to sterilize like MAM Easy Start. Otherwise, peruse through the 12 baby bottle features for that precise need.
>>> Check here to read more posts about feeding and nursing.